This is an extremely important questions, and one I’m sure you are probably interested in, if you are a mother or father to be. Some people in their naivety may think, “Well, aren’t they all the same?” The unfortunate answer is, “no they are not!”
It may be hard to believe but there are actually some prenatal vitamins that are made subpar. That’s really sad considering it’s a baby and a mom to be who are at risk from such tactics, but unfortunately there are instances where some people care more about money than what’s right.
When we first learned about this, we decided to do a little bit of investigating into the prenatal world. Prenatal vitamins yes, but also what other types of prenatal care is available to help give good care to mom and baby. It’s quite amazing what all we found out.
We decided to do this little write up and share some information about particular elements of prenatal care. So let’s get started.
What are The Best Prenatal Vitamins for Mom and Baby?
According to experts the best prenatal vitamins for you are the ones that have everything that mom and baby need. In some instances, for your particular circumstances, this may require specialized assistance provided by a physician. They are knowledgeable in assessing your blood values and your specific needs if you and/or baby happen to have special requirements.
However, for 90% or more of moms your physician will simply prescribe that you take a “prenatal vitamin.” Most physicians do not give a particular brand name. Prenatal vitamins should all contain adequate nutrients, right?
Well, let’s think about that. Remember those couple of things above that we said we’d get to shortly? Well, here goes.
Remember how important this selection is:
- Stress relief
- Improved baby health
- Improved mom health
- More and better energy
- Healthy baby development
- Immune system support
- And much more
In order to be sure you are getting the best prenatal vitamin available don’t let second best be the choice. Some over the counter prenatal vitamins may be sufficient, but don’t be duped into subpar ingredients. You want to make sure that you get the best available.
We’d like to introduce you to our top three picks. You should know that we recommend you buy these on Amazon. After all the research, these three are the most recommended, and come in as landslide winners for supplying everything mom and baby need.
Nature Made Multi-Prenatal Tablets
- High in folic acid (reduces risk of brain and spinal cord defects)
- High in zinc and iron content (iron is essential during pregnancy)
- One tablet a day (for ease of use, compared to New Chapter’s three tablets)
- No yeast or gluten (for those with yeast and gluten allergies)
- No preservatives
- United States Phamacopeia verified. This means these vitamins have been independently verified for “quality, purity, strength, disintegration or dissolution and consistency.”
- Many women have reported an energy level increase after taking these vitamins.
- 250 tablets which gets you through most of the year!
- The most affordable prenatal vitamins we can highly recommend (under $20)!
Garden of Life Vitamin Code® Raw Prenatal
- Dairy and gluten free
- Includes probiotics for healthy digestion in mother and child
- Includes Vitamins A and C
- Includes plenty of iron
- 800mg of folate for neural tube devlopment in fetus
- Immune system support
- Assurance that vitamins are “uncooked, untreated and unadulterated”
- Can take without food (unlike Nature Made)
- Have to take them three times a day
- 180 capsules in box (2-month supply)
- Around $35.
New Chapter Perfect Prenatal®
- Certified Organic
- Made from Whole Foods
- No genetically modified organisms (non-GMO)
- Full of probiotics for digestion
- Blends cruciferous spouts (e.g. broccoli and kale)
- Uses fermented soy to maintain cell growth and heart and bone health
- Small tablets, ideal for those with a sensitive gag reflex
- One-per meal (3 times a day)
- 192 Tablets in a box ( 64 days worth)
- Around $45
The Bottom Line
Don’t let your baby’s health and life become a victim of chance. Make sure you grab is your choice here on Amazon, and you will know you are doing everything you possibly can in the vitamin world to make your babies beginning a success.
Photo Credit: Emery Co Photo